StarGazing - November 21st vs Edmonton
Monday, 11.21.2011 / 9:11 AM CT / News
Dallas Stars (11-8-0, 22 points – 4th, Pacific Division)
vs. Edmonton Oilers (10-7-2, 22 points – 2nd, Northwest Division)
7:30 p.m. CT at American Airlines Center
ALL-TIME SERIES RESULTS vs. EDMONTON OILERS:
This Season: 0-0-0
11/21/11 – vs. Edmonton (7:30 p.m. CT)
1/7/12 – vs. Edmonton (1 p.m. CT)
3/2/12 – at Edmonton (8:30 p.m. CT)
3/28/12 – at Edmonton (8:30 p.m. CT)
BROADCAST INFO: Fox Sports Southwest and Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH:
1. The Dallas Stars, in conjunction with the National Hockey League announced on Friday afternoon the successful transfer of ownership of the club to Vancouver businessman Tom Gaglardi (pronounced guh-lar-dee). Gaglardi, the President of Northland Properties, is the third owner in Dallas Stars history and the sixth overall in franchise history.
* A press conference will be held on Monday, Nov. 21 at Noon CT at American Airlines Center to officially introduce Mr. Gaglardi as the club’s new owner.
2. Dallas and Edmonton meet for their first of four meetings this season. The Stars went 3-1-0 against the Oilers last season and have earned points in eight of their last nine games against
them overall (6-1-2 record).
3. The Stars have not lost a game in regulation at American Airlines Center against the Oilers since Dec. 8, 2006 (span of 4 years, 11 months). Since then, Dallas has compiled an 8-0-1 record against Edmonton outscoring them 35-21 in that span.
4. Dallas currently leads the NHL with 552 hits. In fact, three of the top-12 hit leads in the league are Stars (Fistric, 3rd – 59 hits; Robidas, 9th – 55 hits; Morrow, 12th – 53 hits). Mark Fistric posted a team-leading 11 hits against the Sharks on Saturday and currently leads the club with 59 hits overall this season.
5. With a 6-1-0 record, the Stars have the top record in the NHL in one-goal games.
WHO TO WATCH:
BRENDEN MORROW is one point away from his 500th career NHL point. The Stars captain will become the 10th player in franchise history to accomplish the feat. Over his 12 seasons in the NHL, Morrow has appeared in 768 NHL games and has 229 goals and 270 points.
TOMAS VINCOUR was recalled by Dallas on Sunday from the Texas Stars, Dallas’ primary affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL). Vincour, 21, leads all Texas Stars in goal scoring with 10 goals in 15 games. He made his NHL debut last season with Dallas, registering one goal and one assist in 24 games with the NHL club. The Brno, Czech Republic native was selected by Dallas in the fifth round (129th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
LOUI ERIKSSON has points in two of his last four games (1 goal, 1 assist) and currently ranks 13th in the NHL in goals (9). Eriksson recorded one assist vs. San Jose on Saturday night.