Down on the Farm: 12.8.11
A look at Dallas Stars Prospects
Thursday, 12.8.2011 / 2:16 PM CT / News
By Tyler Bouldin
12/3/11 @ Charlotte (4-2 W) – Matt Fraser picked up a goal and an assist, and Tyler Beskorowany stopped 22 of 24 shots to pick up his second win of the year and give Texas a split of the two games played in Charlotte. Luke Gazdic gave Texas a 1-0 lead before Charlotte struck back to take a 2-1 lead early in the second period, but three unanswered goals propelled the Stars over the Checkers to end a brief two-game losing streak.
HIGH FIVES ALL AROUND
- Jordie Benn has a five-game point streak, racking up a total of six points (3 G, 3 A).
- Scott Glennie has five points in his last five games (2 G, 3 A).
COMING UP FOR TEXAS
Friday, December 9: vs. Charlotte (NHL affiliate: Carolina)
Saturday, December 10: vs. Oklahoma City (NHL affiliate: Edmonton)
Tuesday, December 13: at Oklahoma City
The Stars play in the final game of three straight against the Checkers on Friday. Texas lost 3-2 to Charlotte on Nov. 30, but responded with a 4-2 victory two days later.
Despite the loss on Saturday, the Checkers have won six of their last eight games. Charlotte (15-8-2) has 32 points, which is good enough for first place in the Midwest Division.
Oklahoma City has been victorious in seven of its previous eight games. The Barons and Stars will meet for the third and fourth time this week, with both teams each coming away with a home win against the other so far this season.
OTHER STARS PROSPECTS
Here we take a quick glance at a few of the Dallas Stars’ prospects and what they have done recently.
- Forward Michael Neal tallied an assist in his first game back with the Idaho Steelheads (ECHL) since returning from the Texas Stars, and has a total of eight points (3 G, 5 A) in 22 games with Idaho.
- Colgate forward Austin Smith, who was most recently named Central Collegiate Hockey Association Player of the Month for November, scored twice in a 4-2 win over Clarkson, and registered a goal and three assists in a 6-2 win over St. Lawrence. Smith has a point in all but one game this season (November 5 vs. Yale)
- Michigan forward Alex Guptill has five points (4 G, 1 A) in his last five games, including the game-winning goal in a 1-0 win over Alaska on Dec. 3.
- Colorado College forward Scott Winkler has a four-game point streak (3 G, 4 A) leading up to a two-game series against Alaska this weekend.
- Saskatoon (WHL) forward Matej Stransky has a three-game point streak (2 G, 2 A) heading into Saturday’s game against Regina.
- Victoriaville (QMJHL) defenseman Troy Vance has been a plus-player in each of his last five games for a +6 rating, while also notching four assists in his last four games.
- Sault Ste. Marie (OHL) goaltender Jack Campbell is 4-4-3 with a 2.97 goals-against-average (GAA) and a .906 save-percentage (SV%) in 11 games since being traded from Windsor.