StarGazing - December 10th vs Los Angeles
Saturday, 12.10.2011 / 10:39 AM CT / News
Dallas Stars (15-11-1, 31 pts. – 3rd in Pacific Division)
at Los Angeles Kings (13-11-4, 30 pts. –4th in Pacific Division)
9:30 p.m. PT at Staples Center
ALL-TIME SERIES RESULTS vs. LOS ANGELES KINGS:
SEASON SERIES: 1-2-0
at Los Angeles, L 1-0, 10/22/11
vs. Los Angeles, L 3-5, 10/27/11
vs. Los Angeles, W 3-2*, 11/23/11
at Los Angeles, 12/10/11
at Los Angeles, 1/12/12
vs. Los Angeles, 2/12/12
BROADCAST INFO: TXA 21 and Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH:
1. The Dallas Stars and Los Angeles Kings meet for their fourth of six meetings this season having compiled a 1-2-0 record in the previous three games. In the last five games against the Kings, the Stars have a 1-4-0 record.
2. Dallas will play their second contest of the five game trip on Saturday night. On the trip, the Stars face the San Jose Sharks, the Los Angeles Kings, the New York Rangers, the New York Islanders and the New Jersey Devils. The entire trip is over 5,500 miles, including a West Coast to East Coast swing that encompasses over 2,400 miles. The last time the Stars went from the Pacific Time zone to the Eastern Time zone on the same trip was during the 2009-10 season when Dallas flew from Los Angeles to Raleigh on a five-game trip.
3. The Stars franchise has 100 all-time victories against the Los Angeles Kings. One more win will tie them with the Detroit Red Wings for most wins against any single NHL franchise (101)
4. Dallas and Los Angeles are the top-two hitting teams in the NHL. The Stars are first with 790 hits on the season, while the Kings are second with 727 hits. Mark Fistric, who is currently out of the lineup serving a three-game suspension, leads the club with 86 hits.
5. The Stars have a 14-1-0 record this season when allowing two-or-fewer goals. Their lone loss came against the Los Angeles Kings on Oct. 22, 2011 when they shutout the Stars 1-0.
WHO TO WATCH:
STEPHANE ROBIDAS is currently on a four-game point streak (0-4-4). The longest point streak of his career occurred during the 2008-09 season when he registered a point in eight consecutive games (4-7-11).
STEVE OTT has earned points in two of his last three games (1-1-2) and has won over 55% of his faceoffs for four consecutive games. Ott leads the club in overall faceoffs this season winning 55.7% of all his draws.
MIKE RIBEIRO is currently on a three-game point streak (1-3-4)..