StarGazing - December 23rd vs Nashville Predators
Friday, 12.23.2011 / 11:21 AM CT / News
Dallas Stars (19-13-1, 39 points – 2nd, Pacific Division)
vs. Nashville Predators (17-12-4, 38 points – 4th, Central Division)
7:30 p.m. CT at American Airlines Center
ALL-TIME SERIES RESULTS vs. NASHVILLE PREDATORS:
This Season: 0-0-0
12/23/11 – vs. Nashville (7:30 p.m. CT)
1/5/12 – @ Nashville (7 p.m. CT)
2/19/12 – vs. Nashville (6 p.m. CT)
4/5/12 -- @ Nashville (7 p.m. CT)
BROADCAST INFO: Fox Sports Southwest and Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH:
1. The Dallas Stars and Nashville Predators will meet for the 49th time, with the Stars owning a 28-18-2 advantage over the Predators. In the 28 wins against Nashville, Dallas has allowed three or more goals just five times.
2. The Stars have held the Predators to an all-time average of 2.02 goals-per-game, which is the lowest average against any other NHL opponent. Nashville has also scored just 33 goals in 25 games all-time in Dallas since the franchise entered the league in 1998-99. In fact, no Western Conference team has scored a lesser amount of goals in Dallas since that time than the Predators.
3. Dallas’ Jamie Benn and Nashville’s Craig Smith are two of the top-scoring 22-year-old skaters in the NHL. Benn leads the NHL among 22-year-olds with 29 points, while Smith is third in the league with 24 points, which is one point shy of San Jose Sharks center Logan Couture.
4. The Stars and Predators both give up an average of over 31 shots per game. Dallas’ average of 32.2 is the most in the NHL, while Nashville’s average of 31.5 shots per game ties for fifth in the league for most shots allowed.
5. The Dallas Stars have not lost a game in regulation when leading after two periods since Oct. 31, 2009 (against Nashville Predators). Since then, the Stars have compiled a 49-0-5 record when leading after two periods.
WHO TO WATCH:
JAMIE BENN is on a four-game point streak, including an assist in all four games (4 A).
LOUI ERIKSSON is on a four-game point streak, including an assist in all four games (5 A).
MICHAEL RYDER has scored a goal in three consecutive games.