StarGazing - January 5th vs. Nashville Predators
Thursday, 01.5.2012 / 12:37 PM CT / News
Dallas Stars (21-16-1, 43 points – 3rd, Pacific Division)
at Nashville Predators (21-14-4, 46 points – 4th, Central Division)
7 p.m. CT at Bridgestone Arena
ALL-TIME SERIES RESULTS vs. NASHVILLE PREDATORS:
This Season: 1-0-0
12/23/11 – vs. Nashville, 6-3 W
1/5/12 – @ Nashville (7 p.m. CT)
2/19/12 – vs. Nashville (6 p.m. CT)
4/5/12 -- @ Nashville (7 p.m. CT)
BROADCAST INFO: Fox Sports Southwest PLUS and Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH:
1. The Dallas Stars and Nashville Predators meet for their second of four contests this season on Thursday night. Dallas won the first game of the season series 6-3 and have won three of the last four games against them overall.
2. The Stars have scored at least three goals in four of their last five games. They have posted a 16-5-1 record this season when scoring three-or-more goals.
3. Dallas and Nashville feature two of the top-five highest scoring 22-year-olds in the NHL this season. Dallas’ Jamie Benn leads the NHL among 22-year-olds with 37 points (10g, 27a), while Nashville’s Craig Smith is third in the league with 25 points (8g, 17a).
4. Thursday’s game will be the 50th all-time meeting between these two clubs. Dallas’ 29-18-2 record against the Predators is the seventh best they have against any NHL club all-time. The 2.04 all-time goals against per game (GA/G) is the lowest they have against any team in the league. In fact, Dallas has allowed two-goals-or-fewer in 29 of their 49 meetings against them.
5. The Dallas Stars have not lost a game in regulation when leading after two periods since Oct. 31, 2009 (against Nashville Predators). Since then, the Stars have compiled a 51-0-5 record when leading after two periods.
WHO TO WATCH:
MICHAEL RYDER has registered at least one point in five of six career games against Nashville, posting seven points (3g, 3a). He also has picked up at least one point in eight of the last nine games overall, totaling 12 points (8g, 4a).
LOUI ERIKSSON has 12 points (6g, 6a) in the last eight games played against the Predators, including points in four straight games (3g, 4a).
MIKE RIBEIRO is on a three-game point streak against Nashville, including five points (1g, 4a) during that stretch.