StarGazing - January 7th vs. Edmonton Oilers
Saturday, 01.7.2012 / 6:00 AM CT / News
Dallas Stars (22-16-1, 45 points – 3rd, Pacific Division)
vs. Edmonton Oilers (16-21-3, 35 points – 5th, Northwest Division)
1 p.m. CT at American Airlines Center
ALL-TIME SERIES RESULTS vs. EDMONTON OILERS:
This Season: 1-0-0
11/21/11 – vs. Edmonton, 4-1 W
1/7/12 – vs. Edmonton (1 p.m. CT)
3/2/12 – at Edmonton (8:30 p.m. CT)
3/28/12 -- at Edmonton (8:30 p.m. CT)
BROADCAST INFO: Fox Sports Southwest and Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH:
1. The Dallas Stars and Edmonton Oilers meet for their second of four contests this season. Dallas won the first game against the Oilers 4-1, and have won six of the last seven games against them overall.
2. Dallas has not lost a game in regulation at home against the Edmonton Oilers since Dec. 8, 2006. In 10 home games since then, the Stars have earned a 9-0-1 record outscoring them 39-22 in that span. The Stars have a four-game winning streak against them at home.
3. American Airlines Center is gearing up for a double-header of Stars/Mavericks on Saturday. The Stars will hit the ice at 1 p.m. (CT), while the Mavericks are set to tip-off the hardwood at 8 p.m. The conversion from ice to wood takes approximately one-and-a-half to two hours and requires a crew of over 250 people to complete the process. The fastest recorded conversion at AAC took 1 hour, 21 minutes.
4. Saturday’s game features two of the top three highest goal scoring 2007 draft picks. Jamie Benn (DAL, 129 overall), is third on the list with 55 goals while Sam Gagner (EDM, 6 overall), ranks second. Patrick Kane (CHI, 1 overall), is first with 113 goals.
5. Dallas has scored at least three goals in five of their last six games and have not allowed a power play goal in their last four games (8/8 on PK).
WHO TO WATCH:
TOM WANDELL is currently on his fourth career three-game point scoring streak (1-3-4). He has never had a four-game point streak.
JAMIE BENN has earned three consecutive multi-point games. He has two goals and five assists in that span. Benn leads the team with 12 multi-point games this season.
ERIC NYSTROM ranks third on the team with 12 goals. All three of his multi-goal games in his career have come against Canadian-based hockey clubs.