StarGazing - February 23rd vs. Chicago Blackhawks
Thursday, 02.23.2012 / 1:00 PM / News
Dallas Stars (30-26-4, 64 points – 4th, Pacific Division)
at Chicago Blackhawks (33-21-7, 73 points – 4th, Central Division)
7:30 p.m. CT at United Center
FOX Sports Southwest and Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket
ALL-TIME SERIES RESULTS vs. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS:
This Season: 1-1-0
10/07/11 – vs. Chicago, 2-1 W
10/08/11 – @ Chicago, 2-5 L
02/23/12 – @ Chicago
03/16/12 – vs. Chicago
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH:
1. The Dallas Stars meet for their third contest of the season against the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday night. Dallas has a 1-1-0 record in the season series and have wonfour of their last five games against them overall.
2. The Stars will play their 12th back-to-back set on Thursday (Chicago) and Friday
(Minnesota). They have an overall record of 5-13-4 with a 5-4-2 record on the first day and a0-9-2 record on the second day of a back-to-back.
3. With their win against the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday night, the Stars earned their 15 consecutive 30-win season. It is the fifth longest current streak in the NHL with Detroit (21), Colorado (19), New Jersey (16) and Toronto (15) all having longer 30-win streaks than Dallas.
4. The Stars are now just two victories shy of earning the franchise’s 1,500th all-time victory. They will be the tenth team in NHL history to reach 1,500 as well as the only club to do so in two separate NHL cities.
5. Dallas has won 16 of 20 games this season when a defenseman scores a goal this season (16-4-0record). Alex Goligoski leads all Dallas defensemen in goal scoring with eight goals.
WHO TO WATCH:
MIKE RIBEIRO is currently on a four-game point scoring streak (2-3-5). He scoredlast night in his first trip to Montreal since being traded from there.
RICHARD BACHMAN is expected to start in his first game since Feb. 2 vs. San Jose. He has allowed fewer than three goals a game in seven of his 13 appearances so far this season.
ERIC NYSTROM is looking for his first goal since Feb. 1 (11 games). It is the longest span of time he has gone without registering a goal this season.