StarGazing - March 4th vs. Calgary Flames
Sunday, 03.4.2012 / 10:30 AM CT / News
Dallas Stars (34-26-5, 73 points – 8th, Western Conference)
at Calgary Flames (29-25-11, 69 points –11th, Western Conference)
5 p.m. CT at Scotiabank Saddledome
FOX Sports Southwest and Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket
ALL-TIME SERIES RESULTS vs. CALGARY FLAMES:
This Season: 1-0-0
02/16/12 – vs. Calgary, 3-2 W (OT)
03/04/12 – @ Calgary
03/24/12 – vs. Calgary
03/26/12 – @ Calgary
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH:
1. The Dallas Stars meet the Calgary Flames for the second time of the season series on Sunday. Dallas leads the series 1-0-0 and will see Calgary three more times before they conclude the month of March.
2. Dallas enters Sunday’s contest with a 5-0-1 record over their last six games. They have scored at least three goals in each of the six contests outscoring the opposition 19-9 in that span. Additionally, the Stars have only allowed onepower play goal (17/18, 94.4%) and have gone from 21st to 14th on the penalty kill.
3. The Stars have not lost a game in regulation to a Canadian team this season, earning a 7-0-1 record in eight games against them. Their only loss was against the TorontoMaple Leafs in late November (3-4 L**). They also have a 9-3-0 record against Northwest Division opponents.
4. Sunday’s game features the two winningest Finnish-born goaltenders in NHL history. Mikka Kiprussoff is first with 304 wins while Kari Lehtonen is second with 159 victories. Lehtonen has earned a .920 save percentage-or-higher in four of his last five games, allowing fewer than two goals on four occasions.
5. Dallas has a 26-5-2 record when they score over two goals in a game this season, and a 4-22-2 record when they allow three or more.
WHO TO WATCH:
MIKE RIBEIRO has earned a point in six consecutive games against the Calgary Flames scoring six goals and six assists in that span.
MICHAEL RYDER is currently on a five-game point streak (4-2-6) – Ryder has never scored a goal against the Flames, one of three NHL clubs he has yet to score against.
STEPHANE ROBIDAS has 13 shots and a plus-five rating over his last eight games.