StarGazing - March 8th vs. San Jose Sharks
Wednesday, 03.7.2012 / 4:41 PM CT / News
Dallas Stars (36-26-5, 77 points – 3rd, Western Conference)
vs. San Jose Sharks (33-24-8, 74 points – 8th, Western Conference)
7:30 p.m. CT at American Airlines Center
FOX Sports Southwest PLUS and Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket
Tonight's Dallas Stars game (March 6) at Vancouver will be shown on FOX Sports Southwest Plus. The Stars game will available on FSSW+ in markets carrying Mavericks, Spurs and Rockets games that night on FOX Sports Southwest and FOX Sports Houston. Fans can visit foxsportssouthwest.com for channel locations in those markets. The game also will be joined in progress on FOX Sports Southwest after the Mavericks postgame show.
Fans in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area can find Friday’s game on FOX Sports Southwest Plus on the following channels:
Time Warner Cable – Ch. 960 (requires digital cable box)
Charter Cable – Ch. 300
DirecTV – Ch. 677 (677-1 HD)
Dish Network – Ch. 444 (9514 HD)
U-Verse – Ch. 754 (1754 HD)
FIOS – Ch. 77 (577 HD)
For people outside the Dallas area, the attached link can direct them to the correct station:
FOX Sports Southwest Plus is a channel used by the network to simultaneously show multiple events on two channels, giving viewers another option to follow their favorite teams.
FOX Sports Southwest Plus is available to all program providers that carry FOX Sports Southwest. Some providers carry FOX Sports Southwest Plus as a 24-hour full-time channel. Others choose to offer selected FOX Sports Southwest Plus programming and designate a local channel to show the events.
ALL-TIME SERIES RESULTS VS. SAN JOSE SHARKS:
This Season: 0-3-0
11/19/11 – vs. San Jose, 1-4 L
12/8/11 – @ San Jose, 2-5 L
2/2/12, @ San Jose, 2-5 L
3/8/12, vs. San Jose
3/31/12, @ San Jose
4/3/12, vs. San Jose
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH:
1. The Dallas Stars and San Jose Sharks meet for the fourth time this season on Thursday night. Dallas has dropped the previous three games in the series against the Sharks and have lost their last four games against them overall. The Stars have a 7-1-2 record over their last 10 games which is the second-best record in the NHL only to Pittsburgh (8-2-0).
2. Dallas enters Thursday’s contest with a 7-0-1 record over their last eight games. They have been credited with three goals in each of the eight games (includes shootouts) and have killed off all but one opposition power play in that span (23/24, 95.8%). The Stars’ PK has gone from 21st to 10th in the NHL in that time frame.
3. Thursday’s game is the first of three that Dallas has left against the San Jose Sharks this season. As of Wednesday morning, the Stars are leading the Pacific Division with 77 points, but are only three points up on San Jose (who are the #8 seed). A win by Dallas will create a five-point cushion between them and the Sharks.
4. The Stars are off to a dramatically different run in the games following the All-Star Break this season as compared to last season:
Record Following All-Star Break, This Season vs. Last Season:
2010-11: 7-9-3 (17 points), Stars went from 3rd in the West to 7th
2011-12: 11-5-3 (25 points), Stars went from 10th in the West to 3rd.
5. Dallas has had 12 different goal scorers in the last eight games scoring a total of 26 goals in that span. Michael Ryder and Loui Eriksson have led the charge offensively scoring five goals each (total of 10).
WHO TO WATCH:
MICHAEL RYDER is on a seven game point-streak (5-7-12). The San Jose Sharks are the only NHL team Ryder has never scored a goal against.
STEVE OTT has 28 penalty minutes in his last three games against the San Jose Sharks. Over his career, he has 135 penalty minutes against them – the most he has against any NHL club.
KARI LEHTONEN has a 5-0-1 record in his last six games with a 1.45 goals against average (GAA) and a .948 save percentage (SV%).