StarGazing - March 10th vs. Anaheim Ducks
Friday, 03.09.2012 / 6:07 PM / News
Dallas Stars (37-26-5, 79 points – 3rd, Western Conference)
vs. Anaheim Ducks (29-29-10, 68 points – 12th, Western Conference)
7 p.m. CT at American Airlines Center
TXA 21 and Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket
ALL-TIME SERIES RESULTS VS. ANAHEIM DUCKS:
10/21/11 – @ Anaheim, 3-1 W
12/19/11 – vs. Anaheim, 5-3 W
1/10/12 – @ Anaheim, 2-5 L
1/24/12 – vs. Anaheim, 1-0 W
2/1/12 – @ Anaheim, 6-2 W
3/10/12 – vs. Anaheim
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH:
1. The Dallas Stars and Anaheim Ducks conclude the season series on Saturday night. Dallas has a 4-1-0 record against the Ducks and have won five of the last six against them overall.
2. The Dallas Stars are currently on a four-game winning streak and have earned points in nine consecutive games (8-0-1 record). It’s the first time since the 2005-06 season that they have accomplished that feat. A win tomorrow or loss in overtime/shootout will improve that streak to 10 games. The Stars have earned points in 10-or-more games on eight previous occasions during their franchise history.
3. The Stars (35) and Sharks (48) combined for 83 shots Thursday night. That’s the most combined shots in a Stars game since April 10, 2009 at the Ducks, when Dallas (45 shots) and Anaheim (39) combined for 84 shots on goal (also an OT game). Including Thursday’s game, the Stars and the opposition have combined for 80+ combined shots just four times since October of 2001 (a stretch of 795 regular season games).
4. With 79 points in the standings, the Dallas Stars are on the cusp of reaching the 80-point plateau for the 16th consecutive season. Only the Detroit Red Wings and New Jersey Devils are on longer active streaks (both at 19 consecutive) than the Stars. The last time Dallas failed to earn 80 points was the 1995-96 campaign when they finished with 66 points.
5. No team in the NHL has earned a better record over the last 10 games than the Dallas Stars (8-1-1). In fact, Dallas is the only Pacific Division club that has earned over five wins over their last 10 games.
WHO TO WATCH:
MICHAEL RYDER is currently on a career-best eight game point streak (6-4-10). It is his third point streak of six or more games this season. Only Teddy Purcell from Tampa Bay has a longer active streak than Ryder right now (11 games)
MIKE RIBEIRO has earned points in seven consecutive games against the Anaheim Ducks (4-6-10). He also has a +20 rating against the Ducks over his career.
BRENDEN MORROW was activated from injured reserve today after missing the previous 18 games with an upper-body injury. He will likely be a game time decision to play in tomorrow’s contest.