StarGazing - March 13th vs. Minnesota Wild
Tuesday, 03.13.2012 / 11:00 AM / News
Dallas Stars (38-26-5, 81 points – 3rd, Western Conference)
at Minnesota Wild (29-30-10, 68 points – 13th, Western Conference)
7 p.m. CT at Xcel Center
FOX Sports Southwest PLUS and Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket
Tonight's Dallas Stars game (March 13) at Minnesota will be shown on FOX Sports Southwest Plus. The Stars game will available on FSSW+ in markets carrying the Wizards-Mavericks game on FOX Sports Southwest and Thunder-Rockets game on FOX Sports Oklahoma and FOX Sports Houston. Stars game will be on FOX Sports Southwest’s main channel in Central and South Texas since FOX is not televising a San Antonio Spurs game on Tuesday. Fans can visit foxsportssouthwest.com for channel locations in your markets.
Fans in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area can find Friday’s game on FOX Sports Southwest Plus on the following channels:
Time Warner – Ch. 960 (requires digital box)
Charter Cable – Ch. 300
DirecTV – Ch. 677 (677-1 HD)
Dish – Ch. 445 (9515 HD)
U-Verse Ch. 756 (1756 HD)
Fios – Ch. 77 (577 HD)
For people outside the Dallas area, the attached link can direct them to the correct station:
FOX Sports Southwest Plus is a channel used by the network to simultaneously show multiple events on two channels, giving viewers another option to follow their favorite teams.
FOX Sports Southwest Plus is available to all program providers that carry FOX Sports Southwest. Some providers carry FOX Sports Southwest Plus as a 24-hour full-time channel. Others choose to offer selected FOX Sports Southwest Plus programming and designate a local channel to show the events.
ALL-TIME SERIES RESULTS vs. MINNESOTA WILD:
This Season: 2-1-0
01/21/12 – @ Minnesota, 2-5 L
02/04/12 – vs. Minnesota, 2-1 W (SO)
02/24/12 – vs. Minnesota, 4-1 W
03/13/12 – @ Minnesota
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH:
1. The Dallas Stars and Minnesota Wild conclude their season series on Tuesday night at Xcel Energy Center. The Stars lead the season series with a 2-1-0 record, and are looking to win their first game in Minnesota since Jan. 9, 2011 (4-0 W).
2. The Stars have NHL’s best record over the last 10 games (9-0-1 record). It is the first time they have earned a point in 10 consecutive games since Dec. 27, 2002-Jan. 22, 2003 when the team went 12 straight games without a loss in regulation.
3. Dallas’ next point in the standings guarantees that their season will finish with a .500 record for the 15th consecutive season. Only the Detroit Red Wings have a longer such streak (20 seasons). Additionally, finishing above .500 will make Joe Nieuwendyk only the 32nd general manager in NHL history to guide his team to a winning season in his first three full seasons. 68% of the first 31 GM’s eventually guided their team to the Stanley Cup Finals (stats since NHL took control of Stanley Cup in 1927-28) (Source: www.nhlgms.com)
4. Over the last 30 days, no trio of line mates in the NHL has earned more points than Dallas’ Eriksson-Ribeiro-Ryder line (43 points). The line of Cole-Desharnais-Pacioretty from Montreal is the next closest with 32 points.
5. Dallas will play their second-to-last back-to-back set of games on Tuesday (Minnesota) and Wednesday (Winnipeg). They have a 6-4-2 record on the first day and a 1-9-2 record on the second day.
WHO TO WATCH:
MICHAEL RYDER is currently on a career-high nine-game point streak (7-4-11). It’s the longest active scoring streak in the NHL.
STEPHANE ROBIDAS has earned an assist in three consecutive games against the Minnesota Wild (0-3-3).
MIKE RIBEIRO has scored a point in eight of his last 10 games against Minnesota (2-8-10).