StarGazing - March 26th vs. Calgary Flames
Monday, 03.26.2012 / 12:11 PM CT / News
Dallas Stars (41-29-5, 87 points – 3rd, Western Conference)
at Calgary Flames (34-27-15, 83 points –11th, Western Conference)
8 p.m. CT at Scotiabank Saddledome
Fox Sports Southwest and Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket
ALL-TIME SERIES RESULTS vs. CALGARY FLAMES:
This Season: 3-0-0
02/16/12 – vs. Calgary, 3-2 W (OT)
03/04/12 – @ Calgary, 3-2 W (SO)
03/24/12 – vs. Calgary, 4-1 W
03/26/12 – @ Calgary
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH:
1. The Dallas Stars and Calgary Flames conclude their season series on Monday night in Calgary. TheStars have won the first three contests of the season and are looking to sweep the Flames for the first time since 2003-04 (4-0-0).
2. The Dallas Stars are tied with the Chicago Blackhawks for most players with 55-or-more points on the season (four). Loui Eriksson, Michael Ryder, Jamie Benn and Mike RIbeiro have each eclipsed 55 points while Marian Hossa, Patrick Sharp, Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews from Chicago have also reached the 55-point mark.
3. The Stars and Flames are set to play their second game the home-and-home series on Mondaynight in Calgary. It will be Dallas’ third home-and-home of the season and their first against the Flames since the 2000-01 season.
4. Dallas has killed off all 10 Calgary power plays this season as well as the last 12 overall dating back to last season. The last time Calgary scored with the man advantage against the Stars was on Feb. 16, 2011 when Tom Kostopoulos scored.
5. The Stars have a 13-4-0 record against Northwest Division teams and a 10-2-1 record against teams from Canada this season.
WHO TO WATCH:
MICHAEL RYDER leads all Dallas Stars with 33 goals. Since the All-Star Break, Ryder has scored 16 goals – the only players that have earned more goals in that same span of time are Steven Stamkos (TBL, 20g) and Evgeni Malkin (PIT, 19g)
MIKE RIBEIRO has earned a point in eight consecutive games against the Calgary Flames (6-8-14).
BRENDEN MORROW is scheduled to play in his 800th career NHL game on Monday. He will be the sixth player in franchise history to reach number 800.