StarGazing - March 31st vs. San Jose Sharks
Saturday, 03.31.2012 / 11:30 AM CT / News
Dallas Stars (42-30-5, 89 points – 3rd, Western Conference) – Play tonight at Vancouver
at San Jose Sharks (39-29-10, 88 points – 9th, Western Conference)
9:30 p.m. CT at HP Pavilion
FOX Sports Southwest and Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket
ALL-TIME SERIES RESULTS VS. SAN JOSE SHARKS:
This Season: 0-3-0
11/19/11 – vs. San Jose, 1-4 L
12/8/11 – @ San Jose, 2-5 L
2/2/12, @ San Jose, 2-5 L
3/8/12, vs. San Jose, 4-3 W (SO)
3/31/12, @ San Jose
4/3/12, vs. San Jose
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH:
1. The Dallas Stars and San Jose Sharks play their fifth game of the season series on Saturday night. It will be Dallas’ final back-to-back game of the season. The Stars have earned a 1-10-2 record on the second day of a back-to-back.
2. Saturday’s game against the San Jose Sharks is the first of a critical home-and-home seriesagainst them. If the Dallas Stars win BOTH games against the Sharks in regulation, the Stars will clinch a playoff spot. This is possible because the max number of points that the Sharks can earn after the two losses is 92 points.
3. With 89 points in the standings, Dallas finds themselves one point shy of earning their 14th 90-point season since moving to Texas. Since 1993-94 (the year the Stars moved to Texas), only three teams have earned more 90-point campaigns than Dallas. The Detroit Red Wings (17), the New Jersey Devils (15) and thePhiladelphia Flyers (14).
4. Michael Ryder has a career-high 35 goals for the season with 18 of them occurring since the All-Star Break. Ryder joins Loui Eriksson, Brett Hull, Mike Modano, and Joe Nieuwendyk as the only Dallas Stars to earn 35-or-more goals in a single season, and is one goal shy of tying Russ Courtnall for the franchise record for most goals by a first-year Star (36 goals in 1992).
5. The home-and-home against San Jose will be the fourth of the regular season for the Stars and the third overall against the Sharks in Dallas Stars history. The Stars have a 2-2-0 record in the previous two home-and-homes against the Sharks with both victories coming at San Jose.