StarGazing - April 7th vs. St. Louis Blues
Friday, 04.06.2012 / 5:58 PM / News
Dallas Stars (42-34-5, 89 points – 9th, Western Conference)
vs. St. Louis Blues (48-21-11, 107 points – 2nd, Western Conference)
7 p.m. CT at American Airlines Center
FOX Sports Southwest PLUS and Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket
Below are FOX Sports Southwest Plus channel numbers in the Dallas-Fort Worth area for Saturday’s (4/7) Stars-Blues game:
Time Warner Cable – Ch. 960 (required digital box)
Charter Cable – Ch. 300
DirecTV – Ch. 677 (677-1 HD)
Dish Network – Ch. 443 (9581 HD)
U-Verse – Ch. 754 (1754 HD)
Fios – Ch. 77 (577 HD)
The Stars game will be available on FOX Sports Southwest Plus in all markets televising the Chicago White Sox-Texas Rangers MLB game on FOX Sports Southwest.
ALL-TIME SERIES RESULTS VS. ST. LOUIS BLUES:
This Season: 1-2-0
10/13/11 – vs. St. Louis, 3-2 W
12/26/11 – @ St. Louis, 3-5 L
1/16/12 – @ St. Louis, 0-1 L
4/7/12 – vs. St. Louis
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH:
1. The Dallas Stars conclude season 18 on Saturday night against the St. Louis Blues. A win by the Stars will be the franchise’s 100th all-time victory against St. Louis. The only teams the Stars have more all-time wins against are the Los Angeles Kings (102) and the Detroit Red Wings (101).
2. Dallas has won 10 consecutive home finales. They have not lost their final home game of the regular season since April 13, 1997 (5-2 L vs. CHI). Since then, the Stars have earned a 12-0-1 record. The club has a 22-15-3 record at home this season and have earned at least 20 home wins in each of their last nine seasons.
3. With 89 points in the standings, Dallas finds themselves one point shy of earning their 14th 90-point season since moving to Texas. Since 1993-94 (the year the Stars moved to Texas), only three teams have earned more 90-point campaigns than Dallas. The Detroit Red Wings (17), the New Jersey Devils (15) and the Philadelphia Flyers (14).
4. Kari Lehtonen has made 1,603 saves this season. It is the third-most saves by any goaltender in franchise history. Lehtonen set the franchise save mark in 2010-11 with 1,868 saves. Additionally, Lehtonen is just 51 minutes shy of 20,000 for his career.
5. Coming into Saturday night’s game, the Stars are six victories shy of equaling their entire win total as the Minnesota North Stars. In 26 seasons in Minnesota, the North Stars earned 758 wins. The Dallas Stars have earned 752 victories in 18 seasons of play.