Community Relations FAQs
(1) How do I get involved with the foundation?
We recently started a membership group called Foundation Stars. Foundation Stars allows fans and donors to participate in social, educational, and volunteer opportunities and includes a charitable donation to the Dallas Stars Foundation. Please click here for more information.
(2) How can I donate to the foundation?
We appreciate your generosity and willingness to give and help us support our community. For secure online giving please click here. Checks can be made out to the Dallas Stars Foundation and sent to 2601 Avenue of the Stars, Frisco, TX 75034.
For tax receipts please call Christa Melia at 214.387.5529.
(3) How do I request a donation for a charitable event?
The Dallas Stars and Dallas Stars Foundation are proud supporters of our community. Donated merchandise and memorabilia are considered for 501c-3 nonprofit organizations within the state of Texas and hockey organizations throughout the world. The Dallas Stars Foundation implemented an online donation form for all donation requests and we will ONLY accept donations via this online form. We encourage you to review our guidelines completely prior to submitting your request. If you wish to submit a request please click here.
Please keep in mind that we need to receive your donation request form at least six weeks prior to your event.
(4) I bought an item that I would like to get autographed and use for a charity event. If I bring or mail it to the Stars, can you get it signed for me?
All practices on non game-days are open to the public. Please feel free to come out to a practice, watch the team skate, and possibly get an autograph from the players as they leave the locker room. Practice times are posted on www.dallasstars.com. Most practices are held in Frisco at the Dr Pepper StarCenter unless specified otherwise on the website. The address is 2601 Avenue of the Stars, Frisco, TX 75034.
(5) I have sent a letter to my favorite player. Why have I not received a response yet?
As you can imagine, all of our players receive an overwhelming amount of fan mail. Please realize that the players have a very demanding schedule during the season. Please allow ample time for a response.
(6) How do I request a fan pack?
Please send a request along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address:
Dallas Stars Community Relations
Fan Pack Request
2601 Ave of the Stars
Frisco, TX 75034
For all items included in a fan pack, the recommended postage is $1 for US/Canada and $2 for International.
(7) If I donate $$ to the Foundation, can I get an autographed item in return?
We receive many requests from our fans requesting signed memorabilia. Although the Stars acknowledge our loyal and devoted fans as an intricate component to our overall success, it is not possible for us to accommodate all requests. Unfortunately, we do not have the available inventory to accommodate these types of requests.
(8) My child recently skated as a Mini-Mite in a shootout exhibition at a game. Is there any way to purchase a video copy of the shootout that was captured on the jumbotron?
We encourage the parents to bring their own cameras (only still cameras are allowed, no video cameras) to the games. Because we receive so many requests, we are unable to make copies of the jumbo show.
(9) How do I tryout to sing the National Anthem?
Celena Rae is the permanent Anthem singer for the Dallas Stars. She sings the anthem at every home game and is also our in-game personality.
(10) I am a soldier currently stationed in Iraq, and will be coming home for R&R soon. While home, I would like to attend a Dallas Stars game. I was wondering if you had any promotions or discounted ticket prices for soldiers home on leave?
We have partnered with Defending the Blue Line (http://www.defendingtheblueline.org) and VetTix (http://www.vettix.org/) to distribute any tickets that have been donated for use by military members and their families. In the event that no donated tickets are available, military preferred pricing can be obtained via your local MWR/LTR or ITT office or by calling Dallas Stars Group Sales at 214-GO-STARS and selecting Option 3. Information about our annual Military Appreciation Nights is posted at: http://www.DallasStars.com/military
(11) My child is having a birthday on the day of an upcoming game that we are attending. I would love for him/her to meet a Dallas Stars player. Is this possible before or after the game?
Unfortunately we are unable to provide children with birthdays the opportunity to meet a player before or after a game. The Dallas Stars players are committed to their devoted fans, however, we do not mandate that they do player appearances at games as we support the players in their pre-game focus and concentration.