How to Update Your Benn Jersey’s A to C
If you purchased a new Jamie Benn Dallas Stars home or road sweater with an A based on his status as Alternate Captain in 2012-13 prior to Benn being named Captain for 2013-14, the Dallas Stars will replace your A with a C at no cost through Thursday, October 17.
There are two styles of jersey embellishment, and which of those methods was used to add an A to your jersey will determine the means of updating it to a C. Please be advised that either process may leave stitch marks or light adhesive residue on the area of the jersey being updated. We will do our best to minimize this marking. However it is likely that some marks will remain, and you will be asked to sign a permission waiver acknowledging that you understand this possibility prior to work beginning on your jersey.
If you purchased a completed Benn jersey with the A stitched on:
- You can identify this sewn-on lettering by the white backing on the inside of the jersey directly behind where the letter is placed.
- As your lettering has been stitched onto the jersey, it will require sending back to the jersey embellisher for the mark to be replaced.
- Bring your jersey to the North Fan Shop (open every day) at American Airlines Center or to the StarStuff store at Dr Pepper Arena in Frisco.
- Jerseys will be accepted for complimentary letter replacement through Thursday, October 17. After October 17, jersey updates may only be made when the cost is covered by the customer.
If you customized your jersey with an A upon purchase at American Airlines Center or Dr Pepper Arena:
- You can identify permanent adhesive lettering by the lack of backing behind the letter on the inside of the jersey.
- As your lettering was placed on with a permanent adhesive, it can be removed at the team shop but will take several days to complete properly.
- Bring your jersey to the North Fan Shop, open every day, at American Airlines Center.
- Jerseys will be accepted for complimentary mark replacement through Thursday, October 17. After October 17, jersey updates may only be made with the cost covered by the customer.
If you are unable to determine which type of embellishment you have or are confused in any way, please bring your jersey into American Airlines Center’s North Fan Shop or Dr Pepper Arena’s StarStuff store. Team Store staff will be able to quickly identify the style of jersey embellishment that applies to your jersey and assist you with the update.