Ray Whitney is entering his 20th NHL season and his first as a member of the Dallas Stars. Whitney comes to the Lone Star State with a career spanning over two decades with seven different NHL clubs. He enters 2012-13 ranking seventh among active play- ers in goals (365), points (1,003), games played (1,229) and is sixth in assists (638). He won the Stanley Cup in 2006 with the Carolina Hurricanes and has been selected to participate in the NHL All-Star game twice (2000, 2001). The NHL veteran has posted six consecutive 50-point seasons, including last season’s 77-point campaign where he led all Coyotes and ranked among league leaders in scoring (12th).
- Considers himself a “fairly good” square dancer
- Owns a collection of over 2,000 wines at his home in North Carolina
- Favorite wine is Joseph Phelps Insignia collection
- If he wasn’t playing hockey, would want to be a policeman (his father was one)
- Lists Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants as his favorite movie