Michael Ryder (MY-kuhl RY-duhr) is entering his ninth season in the NHL and his second as a Dallas Star. Before joing the Stars, Ryder spent time with the Montreal Canadiens and was a member of the 2011 Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins. Since joining the NHL in 2003-04, Ryder has earned over 30 points in each of his eight seasons, eclipsing the 50-point mark in five of the seasons -- including a 63-point cam- paign his rookie year and a 62-point campaign with the Stars last season. During his rookie season, Ryder led all NHL rookies in goals, assists and points (25-38-63), and finished second to Andrew Raycroft in Calder Trophy voting as the league’s top rookie. Entering the 2012-13 season, Ryder is three points shy of his 200th NHL goal, one point shy of his 200th NHL assist and four points shy of his 400th career NHL point.
- Favorite non-hockey team: Toronto Blue Jays
- Lists his favorite home-cooked meal as a Newfoundland dinner (potatoes, dumplings, turkey and gravy)
- Favorite dessert is chocolate mousse cake
- Lists the Super Bowl, the World Series and the Masters as three sporting events he’d would like to attend one day
- Always brings his iPad and iPod on the road when he travels
- Hobbies include guitar, golf and Xbox